Sturdy Cycles Sidhe Frameset
To use the bike builder, add one component from each category to the cart. From the cart page, you can then either complete the purchase or request a quote (request a quote if you are unsure about sizing, colours, etc or if you would like to use a cycle to work voucher!)
An aero focussed road bike.
The name of this bike refers to the Old Irish mythology of the Sidhe people. A race of mysterious spirits that held power over all the mysteries of nature. Often their presence was indicated by a swift wind whipped up as if from nowhere. It is this wind that we had in mind when naming our aerodynamic road bike. Designed in tandem with Éimear our dedicated time trial bike and benefitting from the same simulated and real world testing.
Tom’s background in triathlon, time trial racing and wind tunnel testing is the genesis of this model - Sidhe is designed to slice through the air and ride with the wind.
The tubing on this bike is a departure from the classic rounded tubing profile of our Road and Gravel focused framesets. This change is driven by Tom’s specific area of interest in aerodynamics. Contemporary bicycle manufacturers often focus on reducing drag by increasing tubing depth. Tom’s specific focus is reducing frontal area as this contributes hugely to aerodynamic drag. In response to this concern the bike is notably slimmer than our standard road model. The 3D printed head tube and seat tube junctions share a slim form factor which blends with the custom ellipse shaped Ti tubing.
Sidhe is tested and proven to give you an aero advantage - whether you’re chasing KOMs or hitting PBs this bike will whisk you along the road as you ride with elements.
FRAME KIT DETAILS
- Variable geometry to suit any riding style
- Fully integrated routing for electronic shifting systems
- Customisable design features including rear disc standard, dropout details and boss locations
- Custom finish options including logo placement, custom details, anodising, polishing, shot peening and masking.
- Customisable Ti frame accessories included as standard
- Frame - 3D printed Ti construction with fully internal cable routing and custom geometry
- Fork - 3D printed Ti with internal cable routing
- Seatpost and seat clamp - 3D printed Ti seatpost - integrated seatpost clamp
- Cockpit - 3D printed Ti with fully internal cable routing and custom geometry
- Crankset - 3D printed Ti in custom length
- Chainring - Custom machined Ti X1 chainring included as standard - additional charge for X2
- Computer and accessory mount - 3D printed fully adjustable mount with Garmin or Wahoo mount and lower accessory mount.
- Bottom bracket - Custom machined Ti T47 bottom bracket with Enduro bearings and Sturdy BB tool
- Through axles - Custom machined Ti through axles
- Bolts - Custom machined Ti Torx head bolts with included tool
- Bar end plugs - Custom machined Ti bar end plugs
- Rotor lockrings - 3D printed Ti - same installation tool as BB
- Front derailleur mount - 3D printed Ti
- T47-68mm Ti bottom bracket
- IS42-IS47 Enduro headset
- 1X and 2X compatibility
- 142mm rear axle
- 140mm or 160mm flat mount
- Replaceable derailleur hanger
- 32mm maximum tyre size (although the design is aerodynamically optimised for 28mm)
- Approximate final build weight 7.3 - 8.5kg