Shimano 105 R7100 Di2 Complete Disc Groupset
Electronic shifting introduced to third-tier 105 groupset for the first time.
Shimano 105 Di2 R7150 brings more affordable electronic shifting to the Shimano road groupset line-up than ever before. Like Ultegra R8100 and Dura-Ace R9200, Shimano’s 105 Di2 road bike groupset is semi-wireless and 12-speed. The new groupset weighs 2,992g and stands in direct competition with SRAM Rival eTAP AXS.
This Shimano 105 Di2 groupset contains all of the necessary components needed to make the switch from mechanical to wireless electronic shifting. Combining the brand's renowned 105 series with ground-breaking Di2 technology.
Shimano 105 R7170 Di2 Hydraulic 12 Speed Disc Brakes
This hydraulic disc set is a perfect option for riders who want to upgrade their existing setup to wireless or those who want to make the switch from mechanical to electronic shifting for the first time. This set does not include rotors, due to the varying fitment types and sizes for frames. You can view compatible Shimano rotors here.
Shimano 105 R7100 12 Speed Double Chainset
This 12 speed chainset with 50 and 34 tooth chainrings comes kitted out with hollow aluminium crankarms for the best balance of durability, rigidity and low weight. Shimano has also put each crankarm through its anodising process for extra protection against wear and corrosion, making it ideal for enduring mile after mile of road, in all weather conditions.
Like 12-speed Dura-Ace and Ultegra, Shimano 105 Di2 is semi-wireless. This sees both derailleurs connected to a central battery, with the shifters then connecting wirelessly to the system. The rear derailleur houses the brains of the system, and is also where the groupset is charged.
Shimano 105 RD-R7150 rear derailleur
A single long-cage rear derailleur is available in the 105 Di2 family. The Shimano 105 RD-R7150 Di2 rear derailleur is compatible with cassettes up to 36t. It is aesthetically similar to both Ultegra and Dura-Ace, but features less complex forming on the knuckles, parallelogram and cage. The appearance is also more matt than the higher-tier groupsets’ shiny finish. The charging port for the Di2 system is on the rear end of the upper knuckle. This removes the need for a junction box under the stem or in the handlebars, as was the case with previous-generation Di2 groupsets.
Shimano 105 CS-R7100-12 Cassette 11-34T
Shimano have made only 11-34t cassette (CS-R7100-12) available at 105 level. Although the groupset is compatible with higher level 12-speed cassettes from Shimano's range but only in the 11-34 ratio. The first seven cogs of both cassettes are individual, with the five largest mounted to an alloy spider. All cogs are made from steel.
The cassettes mount using the new 12-speed specific freehub standard, but this is backwards-compatible with 11-speed HG freehubs.
Shimano 105 Di2 ST-R7170 Shifters
The new Shimano 105 Di2 ST-R7170 shifters are identical in layout to 12-speed Ultegra and Dura-Ace. This includes the new shrouded lever and revised pivot placement, which is said to improve braking performance when riding on the hoods. The shifters don’t feature the auxiliary hood button seen on the two higher-tier groupsets. They also lose out on the option to fit satellite shifters (or so-called ‘sprint shifters’). Unlike Dura-Ace and Ultegra, the brakes also don’t feature Servo Wave. Servo Wave makes the relationship between the brake lever and pad non-linear, improving modulation. Servo Wave is also seen on the brand’s GRX gravel groupset. The Shimano 105 Di2 ST-R7170 shifters are claimed to have a battery life of up to three years. They are powered by a pair of CR1632 coin cells in each shifter.
- Groupset weight: 2992g
- Features a refined interface and improved ergonomics
- 12-speed Di2 technology for unmatched efficiency
- Fast, precise, seamless shifting across the 12-speed cassette
- Compatible with user-friendly E-TUBE PROJECT App
- More fine-tuned control and heightened braking performance
- Integrated D-FLY connectivity
- Cassette is compatible with 11-speed freehub bodies, and features optimised “Sweet Spot” gears to enhance pedalling efficiency
- Chainring sizes: 50-34t
- Chainset Q-factor: 148mm
- Chainline: 44.5mm
- PCD: 110mm
- Compatible Chain: HG 12 speed
- Rear derailleur: Low Sprocket Max: 36T; Low Sprocket Min: 34T
- Top Sprocket Max: 11T; Top Sprocket Min: 11T
- Rear derailleur: Max Front Difference: 16T
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, ANT+
- Rear derailleur feature battery indicator
- Battery life: up to 3 years
- Batteries requires: CR1632
- Cassette: Cogs Material: Steel
- Cassette Spider Material: Aluminium
- Compatible Cassette size: 11-34T
- Cassette weight: 361g
- Reach Adjust technology
- Dual Control lever technology
- One Way Bleeding: One Way Bleeding was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in the hydraulic system.
- Hollowtech II Technology
- Hollowglide Technology: This groupset features Hollowglide technology on its outer chainring.
In The Box